the pace is too fast / you just wont last

m.o.s. ~

the minister was born in 1984, in the country of the vomiting merlion and is a full time slacker, part time student. :)


follow ministerofspeed at http://twitter.com

1; going to the gym
2; sports, esp football & rugby
3; upcoming apple freak (not the fruit!)
4; hanging out with friends
5; stoning/slacking

links '

1;bernsherardlynn
2;MuN's Happenings
3;the butterfly tales
4;cheeky times

archives &

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

tagboard O




credits Y

designer; BLACK.dust
picture; x
brushes; x; x; x; x


google ads M

Wednesday 7 March 2007

insomnolent me.

no no. im not insomniac yet. =) but i realised im more like a night owl, i rather stay awake at night and sleep in the day.. when i have work to complete, i rather do it late into the night.. also coz im more productive at night, less distractions, etc.

being awake at night makes me feel as if im the only one awake.. kind of like i rule the world coz no ones awake to challenge me. lolx. what a thought eh? hahaha..

well.. so i much much prefer being awake at night.. only gripe is, in small little singapore, theres nothing to do at night accept club and eat! why cant we have some other activities? or is it that there are but im not aware of? enlighten meee!!!

i think this love for the night began waaay back in secondary school.. having the typical school day start at 7, i had this crazy idea one day, to sleep immediately after eating, wake up at 3, study til 6, before preparing to and going to school. looking back, i know i wasnt helping my non attentive class behaviour but my thoughts then were as long as im getting enough sleep, its ok. haha.. what naïveté..

then, over the chinese new year weekend, during a game of '21', my relatives started reminiscing about the past.. when my grandfather was alive, and how we (the cousins) used to stay over at my grandparents place, the food my grandmother always prepared, the bed and pillow we slept in, the bedtime song she sang, etc.. (it really was such a nostalgic feeling!) then my aunt started talking abt the difference between my cousin and i, us being the eldest 2 in the generation..

shall not bore you about what they discussed about my cousin. but what they mentioned about me was quite interesting.. i was remembered (sounds like im dead already! so ominous..) as the the kid who ate very fast. noone had any trouble feeding me. lolx.. but the difficult thing to do, was to get me to sleep!! no matter how sleepy i was, i simply refused to close my eyes and sleep.. you know how sitting in a car lulls you to sleep, with the monotonous journey (especially to a one year old kid!), the constant rumbling of the wheels on the road, etc.. but my aunt said no matter how many times i nodded off, i would always attempt to open my eyes to stay awake, simply to not sleep. lolx..

having hear her say that, i imagine myself when i was a kid (got photos to remind me of how i looked like lah. lolx) and i must say i was quite a cute one. hahahaha.. (i can hear those puking sounds! stop it. :p) but seriously. i have like big eyes with loooong eye lashes, even now (yes bestfriend. i claim to have longer eye lashes than YOU!), and on a little boys small face, im sure it looks even bigger lah. hahah.. but of course, not as big that i look like a freak lah hahaha, but i digress...

so i was imaging the toddler me, attempting to stay awake every time no matter where i was, by forcing my eyes open, even if i was nodding off to sleep... and that got me thinking.. no wonder im such a nocturnal creature now.. i have always been like that.. its in me.. its me.

own.the.night

Labels:

sped by at 11:14

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment