the pace is too fast / you just wont last

m.o.s. ~

the minister was born in 1984, in the country of the vomiting merlion and is a full time slacker, part time student. :)


follow ministerofspeed at http://twitter.com

1; going to the gym
2; sports, esp football & rugby
3; upcoming apple freak (not the fruit!)
4; hanging out with friends
5; stoning/slacking

links '

1;bernsherardlynn
2;MuN's Happenings
3;the butterfly tales
4;cheeky times

archives &

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

tagboard O




credits Y

designer; BLACK.dust
picture; x
brushes; x; x; x; x


google ads M

Monday 7 May 2007

go on.. flaunt your authority.

im tempted to launch into a tirade of vulgarities to release the frustrations brought about this morning. but ill refrain from that and attempt to restrain the hidden beng in me. after all, that side of me has been suppressed since my days in secondary school and while many a time have threatened to rear his ugly fearsome head, the desire for the absence of conflict overruled.

so i stayed my last night in hall last night (oh. last nights shenanigans will be discussed shortly, after i regain my enthusiasm to recount it...) i forgot to bring my hand phone when i walked to my car, so i did what was natural. i drove out, stopped my car by the road side and ran in to get my phone. that took all of 2 minutes.

when i came out, a member of the campus security had stopped his bike across from me, and dismounted with all his practised air of authority. i say this because i firmly believe that campus security is mainly for ensuring the integrity of the campus, plus being available to respond to issues like theft and stuff (though the effectiveness of them still needs to be determined). after all, we arent some young secondary school punks anymore and not like theyre a substitute disciplinarian..

so, with his air of practised and obviously phony authority, like how a bully approaches his junior school mates, he walked over. i told him that i had stopped to run in to retrieve my phone, and his reply was "you listen to me. i can summon you now on the spot if you choose not to."

like wow? are you threatening my ass here? i personally dont take to well to threats. maybe its the non-conformist in me trying to be different, but threats dont seem to draw out the expected reaction from me.. anyway, its not like i looked like so disrespecting deliquent right?

i told him i had forgotten my hand phone so on my way to work, i stopped by my hall to pick it up. he first challenged me about my status of student in nus. with that settled, he then challenged me about my driving experience, first questioning if i even have a license (like wtf? im the only person present in my car? if i wasnt qualified to drive, like i would be driving on a big white day? stupid or what?), then asking in a somewhat condescending manner, when i had passed my driving. hello? what relevance is that?

i explained my situation to him, but he kept repeating that he could summon me on the spot. he asked me what the double yellow parallel lines meant, so i told him no parking. i reiterated that i merely ran in to get my car, which i feel isnt really parking. but to which he claimed it meant no waiting too. i think i can conclude that it isnt how long ago you got your license that determine how good (for lack of a better word) a driver you are, as obviously he was much much older than me with more experience but he still understood the rules wrongly.

with his bike across the road from my car, and us standing next to my car, we were obviously obstructing traffic, much more so than i would have had alone. and instead of hurrying up and allowing me to get on my way, he made the oh-so-smart decision to direct traffic, as a irate driver had already come up to make some noise, before returning back to continue his "reprimand". nicely done, philip seow. all that could be avoided if you didnt decide to be such a talkative phony who just wants to get the last word in.

yes, i admit parked the car, for all of ONE minute. if i had the choice, i would obviously have preferred a friend in the car as that would mean i wasnt parking, but waiting, and according to traffic law, is perfectly fine on a road painted with double yellow line. and is it that difficult to NOT have the last say and act all triumphant? seemed like totally blatant flaunt of authority to me, philip.

Labels:

sped by at 12:36

2 comments

2 Comments:

this guy from campus security once took away my friend's phone; she was studying with her friends at the canteen, and they walked away to go to the co-op to get some stuff. since her other friends were around the area they all just left their stuff there, including her phone, and went off.

security walks by, sees a packet of cigs on the table left by her friend. security isn't happy that the cig pack is so blatantly displayed on our non-smoking campus, so what does he do?

take my friend's phone so that when they come back and notice the phone missing they will call it and then he can give them a piece of his mind about not smoking on campus.

why did her friends around not notice and stop the security? because he's the damn security! he's supposed to protect the students from theft and not being one himself!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9 May 2007 at 09:06  

disgusting i say. is that the requirement to go through to be part of the campus security FORCE? Authority Flaunting 101? chey!

By Blogger minister of speed, at 10 May 2007 at 10:27  

Post a Comment